Thursday, January 20, 2011

Story Plot (just a draft)

My name is Mickey Duhon and I was born and raised in Hill City, Kansas. I am currently a host in one of the 104 rooms in Menninger Clinic. Menninger Clinic is a psychiatric hospital based in Houston, Texas and I have lived the last one hundred and sixty three days here. I am here awaiting my execution for the murder of 137 innocent Vietnamese, 16 marines, the rape of 12 Vietnamese women, and smuggling thousands of pounds of heroin into Cambodia and Laos. During my time in the service I became a notorious drug lord, completely disregarding my duty as an United States Army Officer. I was a fucking genius, and this is my representation of what happened in Vietnam from 1967-1973.

As I have grown into an old man, I began to learn a lot more about myself. With my last fifteen hours slowly ticking down, I feel the need to express that I have suddenly learned more about myself in the last five days than I have in my entire life. Self-knowledge some call it. Maybe I am seeking forgiveness for the crimes I have committed. Maybe I fear God's judgment. Whatever it is, I am not proud of the things I have done. Nor am I disappointed. I did the things I did to survive. The number one human instinct.

I was not always an insensitive killer. When the United States entered the Vietnam War in 1964 I was only 17. I was desperate to join the Army and join the fighting with my two older brothers. My father was an educated man, and refused to sign my permission papers. He sent me to Texas A&M to study, but I eventually dropped out and entered the Army in '66. I shipped in 1967..............



I don't know this is just something I thought up of in like 5 mins at the end of class. It is very jumbled right now, but I think I will continue to work on this peice. I believe I have the ability to turn it into something special. I don't know why I put that middle paragraph in. I'm sure I'll end up moving it near the end once I conclude this bitch.

1 comment: